The Family of an IRONMAN

In Honor of Emma Grace

May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Today is a very important day of honoring those men and women who have served our country and given their lives so that we could experience the freedom we have in America. I cannot think of this day and not think of my sweet lil' PeePaw who proudly served our country for 4 to 5 years in WWII. Thank you PeePaw!

Here is an old picture of my PeePaw in his uniform.


Here he is with my Memaw when they were much younger.

1 comment:

GiGi said...

How sweet of you to put their pictures up for Memorial Day! Daddy and Mother got married and the next day he had to report to service. During the war for those several years, they wrote many many love letters, of which I have. Oh the stories he could tell about the war...I wish I could hear them all over again...